Call for Papers
Submission Deadline: 23 December 2019
Themed "Ageing with Health and Dignity: Implications for Public Policy, Service Delivery, Workforce, Technology and Financing”, the 5th Annual CPCE Health Conference 2020, to be organised in 2020. It aims to solicit solutions to ageing from a multidisciplinary perspective. Against this background, the Conference Organiser invites submissions on (but not limited to) the following sub-themes:
- Healthy ageing and public/social policy
- Community-based active ageing programmes and their effectiveness
- Provision of elderly and long-term care in the Greater Bay Area
- Dignity and end-of-life issues
- Monitoring health care services for older adults
- Training needs of workforce in elderly care
- Application of technology in aged health and safety
- Professional ethics in elderly care services
- Quality assurance in health services for older adults
- Service learning in elderly care
- Social responsibility of health care service organisations
Information about Submission of Papers
Please submit an abstract of 350 to 500 words, and/or a full paper, in English*, by 23 December 2019 to email@example.com. Abstracts and/or full papers submitted to this Conference should not have been previously published or under review in any journals. The Conference Scientific Committee will select papers for oral and poster presentations on a competitive basis. Notification of abstracts and/or full papers acceptance for presentation will be provided within six weeks after the submission deadline. The accepted author(s) should prepare a 15-minute PowerPoint presentation in English. The oral presentation should be in English, except for the special sessions*. Full papers, subject to a double-blind review process, will be considered for potential publication in a special issue or a regular issue with the Public Administration and Policy: an Asia-Pacific Journal and Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management.
* A special parallel session will be organised for postgraduate students from the Chinese mainland. Another session in the form of a Cantonese discussion forum will be designated for active ageing people from the community and students of the Diploma in Active Ageing programme. Submissions and presentations in Chinese are welcomed for these two special sessions. Authors of accepted submissions should prepare a 15-minute PowerPoint presentation in Chinese and oral presentations can either be in Cantonese or Putonghua.
In addition, there will be a parallel session for presentation of papers in English by students of tertiary institutions. Students from local and overseas institutions are welcome.
You are welcome to register for the Conference.
Enquiries on submission of papers, including full papers intended for the two Journals, can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference is partially supported by a grant from the Research Grants Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China (Project No.: UGC/IDS24/18)